This sandwich has been pretty easy to make and I’ve made it on several different occasions. Really it’s just two steps of roasting the tomatoes and then preparing the bread with the assembly of ingredients to toast, but to get the method down, please check out the directions below!
Note: I used ciabatta bread and the mozzarella cheese was shredded but sliced is probably easier to use.
For one sandwich:
2 slices mozzarella cheese
1 tomato sliced
1 ciabatta bread roll
1-2 tablespoons pesto sauce (I used the Mezzetta brand).
Additional: salt and pepper to taste and olive oil to drizzle for tomato roasting
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Line pan with foil, then brush a little oil on the foil.
3. Place tomato slices on pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. (Maybe a little garlic for extra flavor). Drizzle a little more olive oil on the top of the tomatoes.
4. Place tomatoes in oven for about 10 minutes. (Thicker slices usually require more while thinner ones should be good in about 10 minutes.)
5. Cut open the ciabatta bread to prepare for the sandwich. On both sides spread about 1-2 tablespoons of pesto
7. Place spinach on the bottom sandwich piece. Place one leaf at a time until the bread is covered with the spinach completely.
8. Place mozzarella cheese slices over the spinach.
9. Place both bottom and top pieces of the bread in oven facing up.
10. Once cheese is melted and tomatoes are done take everything out, place tomatoes over the cheese and cover with the other half of the bread.
11. Take an awesome picture before biting into it. Just kidding. Enjoy!